CATHERINE McCARTHY trading as RAINGOOSE DESIGN (‘RGD’) of 40 Currie Street, Hertford, Hertfordshire SG13 7DB operates the website at www.raingoosedesign.co.uk (the ‘Site’) hereinafter referred to as ‘RGD’ or ‘We’ have created this privacy statement (‘Statement’) in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of the details that You provide to us when using the Site or the RGD services.
In this Statement. references to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ are references to a user visiting the Site. We know that Your privacy is very important to You which makes it very important to us. We aim to be as clear as possible in this Statement in respect of Your Personal Data. This Statement applies inter alia to Your Personal Data that We collect about You when You use the Site, how and when it is used, how We protect it and who has access to it.
1. Your acceptance of the statement
This Statement governs Your use of the Site to access the RGD services, including any dispute concerning privacy. By using the RGD services, You accept this Statement in full. You should read the Statement carefully and ensure that You understand its effect before proceeding to use the Site and the RGD services.
We reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time without notice. Any changes We may make to this Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to You by email or when You next use the Site to access the RGD services, the new terms may be displayed on-screen and You may be required to read and accept them to continue. You agree that RGD will treat Your use of the Site and the RGD services as acceptance of this Statement including Your continued use subsequent to any changes.
2. What data do we collect about you, for what purpose and on what ground we process it?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about You:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that You send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that You send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with You, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to RGD, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of services such as Your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, signature and contact details. We process this data to supply the services You have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between You and us and/or taking steps at Your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how You use RGD website and any online services together with any data that You post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate RGD website and ensure relevant content is provided to You, to ensure the security of RGD website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of RGD website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer RGD website and RGD business.
- Technical Data that includes data about Your use of our website and online services such as Your IP address, Your login data, details about Your browser, length of visit to pages on RGD website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times You use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices You use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse Your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect RGD business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to You and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable RGD to properly administer RGD website and RGD business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer Data, User Data and Technical Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to You (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising We serve You. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to You. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about You. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about Your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about Your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where We are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and You do not provide us with that data when requested, We may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to You). If You don’t provide us with the requested data, We may have to cancel a product or service You have ordered but if We do, We will notify You at the time.
We will only use Your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case We need to use Your details for an unrelated new purpose Qe will let You know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process Your personal data without Your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
3. How we collect your personal data
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. Marketing Communications
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send You marketing communications is either Your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, We may send You marketing communications from us if (i) You made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services and You have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if You are a limited company, We may send You marketing emails without Your consent. However You can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before We share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes We will get Your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending You marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to You OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If You opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as booking our services etc.
5. Disclosures of your Personal Data
We may have to share Your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Third party accounting software system FreeAgent. FreeAgent are fully GDPR compliant and data stored with them is fully encrypted (SSL). More details here: https://www.freeagent.com/company/gdpr/.
- Our email provider is Krystal https://www.krystal.co.uk. Krystal are GDPR compliant and email is encrypted.
We require all third parties to whom We transfer Your data to respect the security of Your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process Your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International Transfers
We do not transfer Your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. Data Security
We have put in place security measures to prevent Your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to Your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process Your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify You and any applicable regulator of a breach if We are legally required to.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain Your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes We collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for We look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances We may anonymise Your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to You.
In the event that RGD is sold or transfers some of its assets to another party, Your Personal Data could be one of the transferred assets. If Your Personal Data is transferred, its use will remain subject to this Statement. Your Personal Data will be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a liquidation or administration of RGD.
9. Your legal rights
Under data protection laws You have rights in relation to Your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If You wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access Your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, We may charge a reasonable fee if Your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with Your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from You to help us confirm Your identity and ensure Your right to access Your personal data (or to exercise any of Your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact You to ask You for further information in relation to Your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if Your request is particularly complex or You have made a number of requests. In this case, We will notify You.
If You are not happy with any aspect of how We collect and use Your data, You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if You would contact us first if You do have a complaint so that We can try to resolve it for You.
10. Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about You. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When You leave our website, We encourage You to read the privacy notice of every website You visit.
Changes to this statement
We keep our Statement under regular review. This Statement was last updated on 19 May 2019.